CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California “Shine the Light” law
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as California’s “Shine the Light” law, permits residents of California to request certain details about Personal Data we may disclose to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please contact us as stated in Section 7 (Contact Information) below.
Personally Identifiable Information. Consistent with Section 3 (Personal Data) and Section 4 (Cookies and Other Forms of Data Collection) above, we collect certain categories and specific pieces of information about individuals that are considered “Personal Information” as defined under the CCPA (“CA Personal Information”). Specifically, we may collect the following types of CA Personal Information:
- Identifiers: name, e-mail address, username and password, IP address;
- Commercial information: billing information, order ID;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information: cookie information including interaction data (e.g., information about which screens within the user interface are being interacted with and which features are being used while the Services are running) and technical data (e.g., information such as firmware and driver versions, the software application version number, your OS version, your country and your application ID); and
- Other personal information: upon authorization, information associated with your YouTube account, including your account display name and the URL of any videos that you share via SteelSeries Moments.
- Sources. We may collect certain categories of CA Personal Information from you and your device(s) via your interaction with us or your use of our Website and Services as described in Section 3 (Personal Data) and Section 4 (Cookies and Other Forms of Data Collection) above.
Purposes. We collect CA Personal Information for the business and commercial purposes described in Section 3 (Personal Data) and Section 4 (Cookies and Other Forms of Data Collection) above. We also share and/or disclose your CA Personal Information as follows:
- Sharing your CA Personal Information for business purposes: As described in Section 3 (Personal Data) above, we may share the categories of your CA Personal Information listed above with third-party vendors and service providers and public or government authorities for our business purposes. Examples of business purposes include fulfilling orders, administrating access to user accounts, facilitating communications between users and our support teams and legal compliance.
California Consumer Rights.
- Subject to certain exceptions and qualifications, you have the right to: (i) request access to your CA Personal Information; and (ii) request deletion of your CA Personal Information. To exercise your rights, or to have an authorized agent exercise them on your behalf, please contact us as stated in Section 7 (Contact Information) or as instructed below. Please note that, for your security, we will take steps to help verify your identity and/or the authorization of your authorized agent.
- Exercising California Consumer Rights. Should you wish to request the exercise of your rights as detailed above with regard to your CA Personal Information, we will not discriminate against you by offering you different pricing or products, or by providing you with a different level or quality of products, based solely upon this request. Please contact us as stated in Section 7 (Contact Information) below if you have questions or would like to exercise such rights.
We take precautions to protect your Personal Data. When you submit Personal Data via the Website, your Personal Data is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in your browser or for “https://” at the beginning of the address of the Website. Further, the servers in which we store Personal Data are kept in a secure environment.
Unfortunately, transmission of information over the internet is not completely secure, so we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data. If you have reason to believe that your Personal Data has been compromised or your use of the Website and/or Services is no longer secure, please contact us as stated in 7. Contact Information below.
1.1 “Minor” shall be construed as a child below the age of 13.
1.2 “Personal Data” shall be construed as any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
1.3 “Sensitive Personal Data” shall be construed as Personal Data that reveals a natural person’s racial or ethnic background; political opinions, religious, or philosophical beliefs; trade union membership; data concerning health or sexual preferences; records regarding criminal offences; and substantial social problems.
1.4 “SteelSeries”/“We” shall be construed as SteelSeries ApS and its affiliates.
1.5 “Website” shall be construed as SteelSeries’ Website, https://steelseries.com.
1.6 “Services” shall be construed as our software products offered as a service and available on our Website or via downloadable software available at https://steelseries.com.
COOKIES AND OTHER FORMS OF DATA COLLECTION
SteelSeries also receives and stores the following information automatically when you interact with our Services:
- Interaction Data. We collect interaction data to help us improve our products and Services. This type of data is meant to inform us of how users are using our Services. It may include but not be limited to information about which screens within the user interface are being interacted with and which features are being used while the Services are running.
- Technical Data. We collect technical data about the Services and the supported devices (SteelSeries accessories and partner supported laptops or devices) you have connected to our software. For instance, information such as firmware and driver versions, the software application version number, your OS version, your country (but not your IP address, city, or state) and your application ID will be collected. The application ID is a random unique number that we generate on install. We can’t identify any user simply by this number: it simply lets us know that each installation is unique.
- Crash Reports and Error Logs. To help identify issues that our users may be experiencing, we will send details about application crashes, firmware or driver upgrade failures, and other error reports. Crash reports include data on why our application or device crashed and the state of device memory and execution during the crash.
With the use of the Website, cookies will be stored on the media that the user uses to browse the Website. These cookies are used to give the user of the Website a better experience when browsing the Website and to collect certain information on the user to facilitate analysis of the users of the Website. A full list and description of the cookies we use is available at: Cookie List
SteelSeries informs users of the Website that cookies can be removed through a user’s browser of choice. Furthermore, the possibility of storing and using cookies through a browser can be altogether blocked by changing the browser’s settings.
SteelSeries recommends users to consult the user guide related to the user’s browser of choice for users to adjust the browser’s cookie settings to the preferred setting.
4.4 Online advertising
We do not serve third party advertisements to you while using the Website. However, we do work with advertising partners to deliver SteelSeries advertisements on third party publisher Websites, and these partners may set cookies on your computer’s web browser. Cookies allow our partners to recognize your computer so that the ad server can show you SteelSeries advertisements elsewhere on the Internet. A list of the specific partners we have relationship with is available at: Full List of Partners