- The Bullet’s Route
- List of Achievements
- Enter the Gungeon
- List of NPCs in Exit the Gungeon
A TNT barrel inside a Minecart.
Minecarts are found in the Black Powder Mine. Interacting with a minecart lets a Gungeoneer ride along minecart tracks. Bullet Kin, Red Shotgun Kin, and Executioners can also ride minecarts.
Additionally, some minecarts can contain explosive barrels or mechanical turrets which fire at the player. These turrets can be destroyed with explosions, after which the minecart is free to be ridden.
If the player dodge rolls while not touching any of the movement keys, then they will not exit the minecart and will only dodge roll. If the player is moving, they will dodge roll out of the minecart; if they touch another cart in the process, they’ll automatically ride it. This technique is used to acquire the Arcane Gunpowder in the Black Powder Mine.
Minecarts that the player is riding in are not affected by friction; a moving minecart will automatically continue to move along the track until the player exits it.
In co-op, two players can occupy the same minecart, but only one player will be able to steer it.
Действие происходит на отдалённой планете, населённой живыми разумными большими пулями и другими формами жизни. Четыре оружельца, которые не хотят смириться со своим прошлым, отправились в чудовищное место под названием Оружелье, чтобы найти там артефакт — пушку, которая убивает прошлое, чтобы убить своё прошлое, и исправить свои величайшие ошибки.
О событиях до начала игры мало что известно. Некоторую информацию можно получить из Патрономикона, рассказов NPC (особенно Кузнеца) и различных игровых игровых событий (храмы и т. д.). Поэтому все нижеизложенное является фанонными доводами на основе крупиц информации, добытой различными путями (!)
Неизвестное количество лет назад Оружелья как такого не существовало. На планете, упомянутой в легенде, действительно стоял замок, возможно была какая-то инфраструктура. В замке жил могущественный маг (Свинцовый Властелин), предпочитавший обычной магии (со всякими волшебными палочками, мантиями и тп) техномагию — Чаружие. Как говорила Кузнец: «Где другие ходили с посохами, Он бегал со стволом». Для своих магических изысканий он и построил замок, впоследствии ставший Оружельем, построил кузню, нанял Кузнеца и некоторых других существ (Бык (ориг. — «Ox», который вообще-то «Буйвол» или «Вол») и Каденция (сестра Кузнеца) из Департамента закупок, например). Затем Чаружейник продолжил изучать оружейную магию: он создавал пушки, экспериментировал с оруживлением мертвых, и изучал Пулевую Завесу — астральный мир, в котором обитают духи и Боги Оружия (но это не точно).
Со временен в замке накапливался заряд чаружейной энергии, что начало проявляться в виде спонтанного оруживления трупов или редких визитов различных магических существ. Но Оружелья все еще не было.
Тем временем события в остальном мире (во всей Вселенной) так же не стояли на месте. Человечество вышло в космос, была создана Гегемония Людей, шли войны, создавались колонии. Развивалась магия и технология.
И вот, задолго до начала игровых событий, будущий Создатель Оружелья почти заканчивает контруирование своей величайшей работы — Пушки, убивающей Прошлое. Однако что-то пошло не так (и никто не знает что именно). «Огромная армия обрушилась на цитадель». Выстрелила Великая Пуля. Что послужило причиной этого — до сих пор никто не знает. Однако это событие произвело колоссальный резонанс. «Оружейная энергия», высвобожденная Пулей, начала преобразовывать ландшафт и биосферу Планеты. Цитадель Свинцового Властелина, а впоследствии и все оставшиеся этажи Оружелья, заполонили оружейные мертвецы и прочие создания. Что стало с самим волшебником неизвестно. Одни источники утверждают что он правил Оружельем, другие что умер или пропал. Но где-то в недрах Оружелья до сих пор лежит Пушка.
Шли годы. Замок был восстановлен. Патронщики эволюционировали, обретали разум, социализировались. Было создано Оружельское Королевство. Одновременно с этим слухи об Оружелье начали распространятся по всему космосу. Существа всех физиологий и менталитетов начали стекаться в Оружелье, дабы попытать счастья и изменить свое прошлое. Некоторые из них были волшебниками, изучавшими Чаружие, другие почему-то создали новую религию и стали фанатично поклоняться Пушке и Пуле.
Затем случился переворот , приведший к упадку Оружелья.
По сей день множество храбрецов (четыре оружельца), и изгнанники, которым нечего терять (Ружемант Нуигн, ) идут к Оружелью дабы найти Оружие, либо изучить тайны Чаружия.
The Convict, formerly known as Laser Lily, was the head of a criminal organization. After bribing Black Stache into overlooking her crimes, he betrayed her and conducted a sting operation on her headquarters. She was captured by Hegemony forces and chose to face the Gungeon over life imprisonment.
If the Bullet That Can Kill The Past is used on The Convict, she will be brought back to her office right before being arrested. Black Stache and 4 Hegemony goons will enter the room soon after. Black Stache explains that his agreement with The Convict is over, orders the Hegemony goons to arrest her, and then leaves the office. One of the Hegemony goons will begin to list the myriad of reasons why The Convict is being taken in and then demands for her to put her arms on the desk in submission. The Player is then given the option to «Teach them a lesson» or «Teach them a lesson, again». Both will result in The Convict flipping the large desk in front of her. The Convict will have her Budget Revolver and a Thompson Sub-Machinegun to defeat the 4 Hegemony goons, after which she will make her way downstairs to the dance floor. Here, a fight will ensue between The Convict and Black Stache. Should the Convict be victorious, she will be able to leave the building and escape on a Hovercar.
When entering the past, the Convict will have Thompson Sub-Machinegun and Budget Revolver as available weapons, along with Enraging Photo and Molotov as items.
Defeating the Convict’s past will unlock the Briefcase of Cash and the Enraging Photo for all characters.
The Bullet’s Route
The Bullet’s Forge elevator is largely standard. A two leveled platform, with two smaller intermediary platforms to allow for easier ascension. Its one major deviation comes in the form of a large hole in the center of the lower level, posing a significant falling risk, and restricting the player’s movement options.
This elevator is functionally identical to the Hollow elevators of the Hunter and Robot paths.
The Bullet’s Hollow elevator consists of five separate pillars, each sporting an extra raised platform atop them. These pillars are each adorned with a switch (possibly intended to be the hammer of a gun). At random, these switches will move to a downwards position, causing their respective pillars to lower. The switch will stay in this position for a short time before flicking back to an upwards position, causing the platform to return to a neutral state.
- This elevator is highly similar (but not identical) to the Hollow elevator on the Convict path.
- Thanks to the way the switches on the pillars work, it is very simple to predict when a pillar is going to raise back to a neutral state.
- It is not as simple, however, to predict when the pillars will lower.
- With certain bosses, instead of spawning a default boss elevator, the pillars will level out and cease moving, and the upper platforms will descend and be replaced by a metallic covering. This causes the elevator to assume a shape identical to that of the default boss elevator.
- There is no way to fall in this elevator.
Black Powder Mine
The Bullet’s Mines elevator is horizontal rather than vertical, travelling at great speeds to the right on rails. The player is allowed to step down onto the tracks here without consequence, but if they linger long enough to go off screen they will take damage.
- This elevator appears to be some sort of tank, possibly the remains of the Treadnaught.
- The player also takes damage if they go off screen to the left, though this is significantly harder to do accidentally.
- This elevator is functionally identical to the Mines elevator on the Bullet Route.
- Occasionally a Tanker will poke its head out of the hatch on the right side of the elevator. This is purely aesthetic, and has no actual effect.
The appearance of the Tanker peeking out.
The Bullet’s Gungeon Proper elevator is a small, free-moving rocket-powered elevator in a wider shaft. It consists of two main levels, a smaller intermissive platform for easy climbing, and two buttons on the left and right of the lower level. Pressing these buttons causes the elevator to move in their respective direction, either left or right.
Periodically the elevator will encounter wall-mounted scaffolding piled high with wooden crates marked with skulls. These scaffolds can either be on the left of the shaft, the right of the shaft, or suspended precariously in the middle of the shaft. Scaffolds in the center are typically much smaller, and contain much fewer crates.
If these crates make contact with the elevator they will burst, with each crate having a chance to release a ring of bullets upon doing so. The player is intended to maneuver the elevator to avoid these scaffolds and crates, to avoid complicating fighting the numerous enemies. Despite this, it is possible to complete the elevator without once touching the buttons.
- This elevator bears some similarities to the Hollow elevator on the Pilot’s Path.
- It is impossible to avoid scaffolding in the middle of the shaft, though due to its decreased crate capacity it is rarely very dangerous.
Keep of the Lead Lord
The elevator is the same on all routes. It is a small rocket-powered free-moving platform in a much larger shaft. It drifts around the shaft, bouncing off the walls.
It has two main levels, and one special intermediary platform. This platform is much longer than its static counterparts, and is pushed in whenever the elevator presses against the shaft walls.
Talking to him:
- «Only a few weeks left on the force.»
- «I’m retiring in 3 weeks… getting too old for this.»
- «Have I shown you my pictures of my family?»
- «Sending my daughter off to college soon. She’s a good kid.»
- «Thirty years on this beat to the day. Never needed to draw my gun before.»
- «You’re a loose cannon, kid, but you’re good police.»
- «Let’s do this next one by the book.»
- «You’re as wild as McNutty.»
«Kid… listen up. Today might have been my last day on the force, and I might have only been down here because of you…but this ain’t your fault. Yeah, yeah, you let me get hit by all those bullets. Sure, you probably could’ve given me one of those fancy guns you’ve been hoarding. But the point is, this ain’t your fault. -cough- Give my badge to my kids. Tell them I love them.»
The Lich has three phases.
- Fires large rings of bullets outwards along with random scattered bullets.
- Fires six rotating spirals of bullets that periodically change their direction of rotation.
- Fires a ring of normal bullets and a ring of bouncing bullets.
- Fires four spreads of five bullets.
- Fires a single fast, homing bullet.
- Spawns four Tombstoners.
After the first phase is defeated, a hand will pop out of the ground and drag the player down into the arena of the second phase.
In this phase, the Lich stays stationary above the player. He has several different attacks:
- Pounds the arena with one hand, sending out randomly scattered bullets and a wave of normal bullets off to one side. Many bullets then travel horizontally across the arena starting from that side. The smaller, flashing bullets will disappear halfway across the arena.
- Opens his rib cage, sending rings of bullets towards the player. A few of the bullets in the rings will then travel towards the player.
- Opens his rib cage, sending many waving lines of bullets towards the player.
- Pounds the arena with both hands, sending rows of bullets across the arena from both sides.
Attempting to fly behind the Lich during this phase will cause a wall of bullets to fly down, covering the chasm and forcing the player back towards the bottom half of the arena.
After the second phase is defeated, the player will be sent to a new arena where the third phase will materialize.
In this phase, the Lich floats towards the player, and has more different attacks:
- Fires a rocket made out of bullets that flies out to the side, then flies towards the player, leaving many bullets in its wake.
- Fires lines of bullets towards the edges of the arena, then makes them rotate at varying speeds.
- Fires lines of bullets throughout the arena, with several links breaking off towards the player.
- Creates bullets in a gun shape, then fires the bullets towards the player.
- Fires a boomerang of bullets towards the player that curves back towards the Lich.
- Travels up and down the center of the arena, rapidly firing lines of bullets to the sides.
- Fills the arena with bullets except for a small cone, then rotates the cone while a wedge of bullets sweeps across the safe area.
- Sprays bullets above and below himself while spraying waves of bullets to the sides.
After the third phase is defeated, the player must shoot the Gun That Can Kill The Past at the Lich to complete the run.
List of Achievements
|Icon||Name||Description||How to Obtain|
|Passing My Test||Completed Manuel’s Test, A Great Achievement.||Finish the Tutorial. Unlocks «The Rookie» hat.|
|Win||Successfully Exited The Gungeon.||Win the game as any character. Unlocks Dragunfire.|
|Bull In The Heather||Mastered The Coltaur.||Defeat the Buffammo five times.|
|Dethroned||Mastered His Majesty’s Chancellor.||Defeat His Majesty’s Chancellor five times. Unlocks Crown of Guns.|
|Hollow Victory||Mastered The High Priest Past.||Defeat the Low Priest five times.|
|Six Six Six Gun||Mastered The Chamber Of Flame.||Defeat the Killinder five times.|
|Smash Brother||Mastered The Mecha Bullet.||Defeat Mutread Head five times.|
|Set In Stone||Mastered The Medusalier.||Defeat Medusalier five times. Unlocks Siren.|
|Gato Roboto||Mastered The Meowitzer.||Defeat the Meowitzer five times.|
|Ouroboros||Mastered The Bolt Python.||Defeat the Bolt Python five times.|
|Behold, Again||Mastered The Armored Beholster.||Defeat the Eyebalrog five times. Unlocks Eye of the Beholster.|
|Death From Below||Mastered The Deathvator.||Defeat the Fallmonger five times.|
|Shrine On||Mastered The Kill Shrine.||Defeat the Sepulchergeist five times.|
|Four Guns||Mastered Gungamesh.||Defeat Gungamesh five times.|
|The Last Boss||Mastered The Lich Dragun.||Defeat The Last Dragun five times. Unlocks Riddle of Lead.|
|Elevated Enlightenment||Accessed All Elevator Types.|
|Breakout||Rescued All Npcs From The Cell.||12 in Hello to Arms Update|
|Green No More||Aced Just Dessert Golf.||Get a hole in Just Dessert Golf 10 times.|
|Chester Bester||Aced Winchester’s Game.||Destroy all targets in Winchester’s Original Game 3 times.|
|Flawless Beginner||Completed Level 1 Boss Without Taking Damage.||Unlocks Vulcan Cannon.|
|Flawless Journeyman||Completed Level 2 Boss Without Taking Damage.|
|Flawless Apprentice||Completed Level 3 Boss Without Taking Damage.||Unlocks Mine Cutter.|
|Flawless Master||Completed Level 4 Boss Without Taking Damage.||Unlocks Particulator|
|Flawless Victory||Completed Level 5 Boss Without Taking Damage.|
|Man Of Hats||Bought All Hats.||34 items in Hello to Arms Update|
|Skin Trade||Bought All Skins.||14 items in Hello to Arms Update|
|Getting The Band Back Together||Unlocked All Characters.||Unlock The Bullet, The Robot, and The Cultist.|
|Big Spender||Bought Something From Bello.||Buy 50 items from Bello.|
|Year Of The Ox||Bought Something From Cadence And Ox.||Buy 20 items from Cadence And Ox.|
|Sunset Overdrive||Exited The Gungeon As The Pilot.||Unlocks Disarming Personality and Wingman.|
|Money, Cash, Woes||Exited The Gungeon As The Convict.||Unlocks Loot Bag and Enraging Photo.|
|Soldier Of Fortune||Exited The Gungeon As The Marine.||Unlocks Galactic Medal of Valor and Military Training.|
|Hunter Exit Hunter||Exited The Gungeon As The Hunter.||Unlocks Witch Pistol and Dog.|
|Blue Screen||Exited The Gungeon As The Robot.||Unlocks Mutation and Blown Fuse.|
|Sidekick Story||Exited The Gungeon As The Cultist.||Unlocks Banana Jam Hands.|
|Bullet Time||Exited The Gungeon As The Bullet.||Unlocks Live Ammo and Blasphemy.|
|Combo Breaker||Reached Max Combo.||Reach a Combo of 20. Unlocks Ser Junkan for appearance as both an item and a powerup.|
|Lock Steps||Helped Flynt Avoid Embarrassment.||You get the quest after talking to Flynt multiple times.
You can find the items in the minigames from the Resourceful Rat’s balloons.
|Lost in Translation||Helped Goopton With Something Personal.||You get the quest after talking to Professor Goopton multiple times.
You can find the item in the minigames from the Resourceful Rat’s balloons.
|Secure Seating||Upgraded Bello’s Stools.||You get the quest from Bello after the bar is set up.
You can find the stools in the minigames from the Resourceful Rat’s balloons.
|Natural and Artificial Flavors||Sated Daisuke’s Craving.||You get the quest after talking to Daisuke multiple times.
You can find the items in the minigames from the Resourceful Rat’s balloons.
|No Link Cable Needed||Gave The Old Man Something To Fiddle With.||You get the quest after talking to the Old Man multiple times.
You can find the item in the minigames from the Resourceful Rat’s balloons.
|Able||Reunited Old Red with Daisy.||You get the quest after talking to Old Red multiple times.
You can find the item in the minigames from the Resourceful Rat’s balloons.
|Beastmaster||Achieved Beast Mode Level 2.||Talking to the guards in front of the entrance starts Beast Mode discussion. Unlocks «The Beast» hat.|
|Tentacle Espionage Action||Mastered The Glocktopus.||Defeat Glocktopus five times.|
|At The Helm||Aced Helmet Kick.|
|Octo-Rockin’||Carried Eight Weapons At Once.||Unlocks Railgun|
- Blasphemy is the only weapon that does not visually show a magazine size.
- Blasphemy cannot be dropped if obtained as a starter.
- Defeating The Bullet’s past with its alternate skin will unlock a skin for this weapon.
- Blasphemy has a dull brown variant only available in The Bullet’s past. It behaves similarly, but cannot destroy bullets, will not send out projectiles, and cannot push back enemies and destroy bullets by “reloading” or double tapping reload.
- Blasphemy is one of the only two character starter weapons not in the SHITTY , the other being the Slinger.
- The hitbox of Blasphemy’s swing extends slightly behind the player, allowing it to hit an enemy that is very closely behind the player by swinging forward.
- The reload for Blasphemy only destroys bullets at the very start of the animation, even if the weapon is still up.
- Blasphemy can shoot its beam through thin walls by swinging while standing directly next to a wall and facing it. However, this only works with very narrow vertical walls.
- A “guard flash” that hits nearly all enemies on screen regardless of distance or obstacles can be performed by swinging in the opposite direction of the enemies, then instantly double-tap “reloading” and quickly turning to face the enemies. This does not reveal secret rooms. This technique is possible, albeit difficult, to do on controller.
- This makes Blasphemy essentially a more powerful Camera with slightly lower fire rate, as the Camera only does 10 damage while Blasphemy does 14.
- The guard flash also gains the benefits of the double-tap reload, pushing back enemies and destroying nearby bullets.
- Guard flash can be performed with a normal reload, but it is very precise and difficult to do correctly.
- In versions prior to v2.1.4, while using the carrot skin for Blasphemy, every sword swipe to the left functions as a guard flash without needing to perform one.
- Blasphemy’s piercing projectile is not triggered when playing as The Robot, as he lacks .
- Blasphemy’s slice is not a projectile, and thus cannot be blanked by Bombshee, and isn’t affected by bullet modifiers.
- With , Blasphemy will always fire AKEY-47 shots at full health along with the normal laser.
- Fire rate increases do not change the swing speed of Blasphemy or the frequency at which the beams are fired.
- Alpha Bullets can only activate on the first beam after a double-tap reload, and Omega Bullets can only activate on the sixth beam after a double-tap reload.
- Hip Holster and Cog of Battle work with Blasphemy’s double-tap reload.
- Ring of Triggers will fire the sword beam in all directions even if the player is not at full health.
- If the player is at 1/2 heart from High Stress in Challenge Mode but still has full health, Blasphemy will still shoot sword beams.
- Blasphemy will trigger Thermal Clips in Challenge Mode, but not if swung more than six times.
- In Challenge Mode, swinging Blasphemy will not make the Gun Queue modifier cycle to the next gun.
- With Crisis Stone, its sound effect will play after swinging 6 times at full health, but reloading will not grant invulnerability.
- Blasphemy’s slice can damage the shield created by Betrayer’s Shield.
Enemy and Boss Tips
- Killithid’s bullet portals can be destroyed with Blasphemy.
- Enemy bullets that normally split into more bullets will not split upon being sliced.
- Enemy lasers will get cancelled if hit at the base of the laser (which is recognized as a bullet by the game) e.g. Beholster, Shelleton, etc.
- Certain entities spawn through projectiles, and thus can be deleted by Blasphemy in this state before they land: this includes Beholster’s Beadies, Mine Flayer’s mines, High Dragun’s knives, and Resouceful Rat’s mousetraps.
- Misfire Beast’s whips cannot be destroyed with Blasphemy unless they are being fired.
- ’ chain can be destroyed with Blasphemy, but it will return after a full rotation.
- The High Dragun
The explosion from the rocket cannot hurt you.
‘s RPG rocket can be destroyed with Blasphemy, and if you are standing in front of it, you will not be hit by the bullets as they only go outward in a forward-facing semicircle.
Enter the Gungeon
Alternate costumes are obtained by killing a Gungeoneer’s past. There is only one alternate costume for each Gungeoneer, except for the Bullet, the Paradox, and the Gunslinger. The Bullet has two skins (only on PS4 and Switch), while the Paradox and the Gunslinger don’t have one. Once a Gungeoneer’s past has been killed, a pile of clothes will appear next to them in The Breach, interacting with the clothes while playing as the appropriate Gungeoneer will swap them into their alternate costume. The pile of clothes will then change appearance to appear as the Gungeoneer’s standard outfit. Changing Gungeoneers will swap them back into their standard outfit.
The alternate costumes are as shown below.
|Rabbit, Shell||The Bullet|
Clutter is a wide variety of minor objects found throughout the Gungeon, ranging from flowers to crates to skeletons. A few kinds of clutter can be found atop tables. Some clutter objects will stop a single bullet before being destroyed, while others do not obstruct gunfire. All clutter breaks instantly on contact with a Gundead creature or Gungeoneer. Clutter has a very tiny chance to spawn a Gun Fairy when broken. If the Pot Shots challenge is active, clutter objects have a chance to fire bullets at the player as they break.
Alone among clutter objects, stalagmites in the Black Powder Mine absorb multiple bullets before breaking, and block the movement of Gundead.
- Nicknames that NPCs refer to The Cultist as include:
- Some guy
- Guy next to the protagonist
- Assistant gun user
- Additional set of hands
- NPCs in The Breach and the Gungeon shopkeepers will refuse to talk to The Cultist, declaring that they will only speak to the protagonist. Some will even insult The Cultist by pointing out their young age or the low quality of their starting weapon (Dart Gun).
- The Cultist’s Dart Gun resembles a purple version of the Nerf «Maverick».
- The Light Gun is hinted at originally being the Cultist’s; its description states «After a clumsy child of The Gungeon accidentally dropped this toy into a pit, they were forced to amuse themselves with the Dart Gun.»
- When selecting the Cultist in The Breach, their icon above their head will spin around, ending in the picture of the Cultist in the icon with their face pressed against the screen.
- The apple costume could be implying they’re a teacher’s pet.
List of NPCs in Exit the Gungeon
|Sorceress||Delivers introductory dialogue to the player upon them beginning a new save file, and blesses the player’s gun at the beginning of every run.|
|Drunkard||Delivers special lines of dialogue to the player upon them defeating a for the first time, or unlocking a new NPC.|
|Ser Manuel||Guides the player through the tutorial.|
|Tailor the Tinker||Discusses with the player about Routes, and eventually creates Route Switcher.|
|Allows the player to switch Routes.|
|Bello||Manages the Shop, selling items to passing Gungeoneers.|
|Ox and Cadence||Allows the player to spend in the Underbreach to unlock new items and guns.|
|Hattori||Allows the player to spend in the Underbreach to unlock Hats.|
|Winchester||Hosts ‘Winchesters Original Game’ in the Gungeon, allowing Gungeoneers to play for prizes in return for .|
|Snails||Allows the player to spend in the Underbreach to unlock Skins.|
|Manservantes and the Usurped King||Hosts ‘Just Desserts Golfing’ in the Gungeon, allowing Gungeoneers to play for prizes in return for .|
|Doug||Appears in the Underbreach occasionally, allowing the player to spend to unlock special Guns and Items.|
|Old Man||Appears randomly in the Gungeon. Gives the player a free, random item.|
|Patches and Mendy||Appears randomly in the Gungeon. Fully heals the player.|
|Trorc||Appears randomly in the Gungeon. Sells items for .|
|Daisuke||Appears randomly in the Gungeon. Spawns a chest for the player. Chest quality depends on the level of the player’s combo.|
|Professor Goopton||Appears randomly in the Gungeon. Sells items for .|
|Old Red||Appears randomly in the Gungeon. Sells blank related items for .|
|Flynt||Appears randomly in the Gungeon. Sells items for .|
|Resourceful Rat||Appears in the shop, selling the player the Rat Key for 50, allowing them to unlock more NPCs.|
|Bars entry to the Gungeon until the player has completed (or skipped) the Tutorial.
Gives the player different Hats in reward for completing the various levels of Beastmode.
|Ledge Goblin||Hosts ‘Helmet Kicko’ in the Gungeon, allowing Gungeoneers to play for prizes in return for .|
The Monster in the mirror.
Mirrors will show an unlocked chest in their reflection, which can be opened if the player presses the interact button while their reflection is next to the chest. This will shatter the mirror and increase the player’s curse by 3.5. The mirror will also shatter if the player shoots it, which will increase the player’s curse by the same amount and will make the location of the hidden chest much more difficult to find.
- It is possible for chests in mirrors to be Mimics.
- It is possible for chests in mirrors to be but they do not have the usual glitch animation.
- In Rainbow Mode, Bowler will sit on where you have to be to open the chest in the mirror, although the chest will still be only visible in the mirror, making Bowler flying mid-air.
- If a mirror chest appears, it may prevent the two treasure rooms from having one item and one gun. If the mirror chest has an item, both treasure rooms may have guns, and if the mirror chest has a gun, both treasure rooms may have items.
- When playing as The Paradox or doing a run with the paradox effect active, the mirror will not reflect the effect on the player
- You can freeze the mirror, obscuring the chest’s reflection. The chest can still be opened as usual, and the player will still be cursed upon opening.
- Mirror chests cannot be shot. Bullets do not appear in the reflection and will not damage the chest.
- A monster’s eye briefly appears after shattering the mirror, which is purely aesthetic and serves no purpose. This was added in the Supply Drop Update.
- The mirror may be a reference to the Mirror of Erised in the book ‘Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone’, where an unlocked chest may well be the player’s greatest desire.
- The curse effect upon breaking the mirror is a reference to the folk belief that breaking a mirror causes seven years of bad luck (3.5 curse is 7 x 0.5).