- How to install Chocapic13’s Shader 1.17.1?
- Advantages and advices for Chocapic13’s Shaders Mod
- Requirements Chocapic13’s Shaders Mod
- What the Shader Pack is About
- How to Install Chocapic13’s Shaders Mod 1.17.1 / 1.16.5
- Should You Use it?
- Chocapic13’s Shaders Mod 1.17.1 / 1.16.5 Download Links
- More Screenshots:
- Chocapic13’s Shaders Mod 1.17.1/1.16.5 Download Links:
- A Brief About Chocapic13’s Shaders
How to install Chocapic13’s Shader 1.17.1?
This mod is available for Minecraft 1.17.1 and previous versions. To install Shaders, don’t forget to install “OptiFine 1.17”.
Before opening any existing worlds from a version prior to 1.17.1 please make a backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Just as said above, the installation process for Chocapic13’s is quite simple. Below are the steps.
- Step 1 – Optifine 1.17.1 should be downloaded and installed, click here to download.
- Step 2 – Download Chocapic13’s shader pack.
- Step 3 – Minecraft should be launched .
- Step 4 – Go to Open Options —->Video Settings —->Shaders —->Shaderpack Folder
- Step 5 – Locate .minecraft\shaderpacks and have the shader pack put inside of it
- Step 6 – From the shader list, have Chocapic13’s shader pack selected
If you are a beginner and couldn’t install Shaders; We have an illustrated guide with screenshots on how to Install Minecraft Shaders. Failed to install Optifine? see our tutorial installing Optifine.
Before starting the game, be aware that
- Please note that some Shaders have not been appropriately updated to 1.17.1. Still, all have been tested and work correctly in Minecraft 1.17.1.
- All download links are original and from the creator himself. We never host or edit any files. We only distribute them as a direct link to our users, ensuring security and quality. If you doubt this, don’t forget to read our Terms.
- It is noteworthy that the links may stop working with each new update. Even with all our efforts to keep everything updated, these things can happen; if any link is not working, please let us know.
- Leave feedback below on what you think of this Shader Pack; it helps the authors improve their packs.
Advantages and advices for Chocapic13’s Shaders Mod
- Controlled lighting, low, soft, medium, high and extreme
- Better shadows and more real
- Effects of lights
- You must have Optifine, Shaders Mod, and Minecraft Forge installed for its proper functioning
- Your PC must have a GPU or graphics video card, either Nvidia or another brand with good resolution and capacity.
- With the files .fsh and .vsh you can improve the resolution, you just need to locate them and open them in the notepad and change their settings from x1.42 which is the default configuration to 2x or 4x which is the configuration of the most optimization.
- The higher the resolution and characteristics of your PC, the better the Mod’s development, so if you own a computer with a low graphics resolution you will not be able to fully enjoy the benefits offered by Chocapic13’s Shaders Mod, which is undoubtedly today. the best modification in shading
Requirements Chocapic13’s Shaders Mod
Chocapic13’s Shaders Mod 1.14 requires the 32/64 Bit version of Java 7 or Java 8, in addition to 1 GB of RAM, although 2 GB or more is recommended. Hard disk HDD with a capacity of 2 GB of free space for Worlds and Mods. Integrated video Intel HD Graphics 4000 or AMD R5 with OpenGL 4.4. If you want a higher video resolution, we recommend using a GeForce 700 series or Rx graphics card.
As for operating systems requires Windows 7 or later versions, if you use MacOS you must have Macros 10.12 Sierra and in the Linux platform you can use any version from 2014 onwards, these are the specifications of a minimum requirement for the operation of the game. If you want a better performance of Chocapic13’s Shaders Mod then it is recommended instead of 2 GB of RAM and Hard Disk you should have 4 GB of RAM and 4 GB of free space in your Hard Disk, 64-bit operating system, Windows 10 and a 3.5 GHz processor or higher. So, the bigger your GPU the better the resolution and performance of your game.
Chocapic13’s Shaders Mod requires a stable Internet connection to download some necessary files from the game, as well as to be used in multiplayer mode.
What the Shader Pack is About
6 different versions for your visual needs
This shader pack features not one, not two, not even five, but six different versions with varying visual levels and performance. The Lite version features minimal visual improvements but has almost no reduction in the FPS. The Extreme version features the most stunning improvements but has more impact on the performance.
Chocapic13’s Shaders Mod also features a no-shadow version for a friendlier performance impact, and high compatibility with MAC OS X computers. On top of that, you may also download and try the BETA Version 7 that has many new features, and also some bugs.
Highly Optimized Codes
With the new version, the Chocapic13’s shader has never been more optimized. This version features huge code re-writing and re-organization. The creator of the pack even claims that the shader pack might be one with the highest performance over quality ratio at the moment. The lower quality versions also feature minimize memory bandwidth usage, optimized integrated GPUs, and many more. The pack is also highly compatible with most laptop’s default V-card, the Intel HD 4600 and boasts a 10-20% lead.
Chocapic13’s Shaders Mod Showcase
How to Install Chocapic13’s Shaders Mod 1.17.1 / 1.16.5
Installing Shader packs are a bit tricky. And using them requires either the optimization mod called Optifine, or the old Shader mod. For players using Minecraft 1.8.8 version and the newer versions, Optifine is all that’s needed. To install the shader pack, you must follow these steps.
Make sure that you are running the latest drivers for your graphic card for maximum compatibility and performance.
- Download and install Optifine Mod.
- Download the Shader Pack version of your choice from below buttons.
- Launch Minecraft with Minecraft Forge and Optifine.
- Go to Minecraft home screen > Options > Video Setting> Shaders> then press “Open Shaderpack folder”.
- In this folder, copy and paste the downloaded shader pack.
- Use the shader pack inside Minecraft.
- Have fun!
Should You Use it?
If you’re looking for a performance friendly Shader Pack, then you’ll never go wrong with Chocapic13’s shader. This shader pack is very optimized and even the higher setting profile takes only a few of your FPS. On top of being beautiful and not over-the-top shader quality, this Shader pack comes with a complete set of features from waving grass, transparent liquid, sun rays, and more. However, just like any other Shader pack, this one comes down to your preferences. Also, incorrect installation, or outdated drivers may result in a huge performance drop, making the game unplayable – a risk that all shader packs share.
Chocapic13’s Shaders Mod 1.17.1 / 1.16.5 Download Links
- We do not host any Minecraft mods on our website!
- We do not modify or edit the files in any way!
- If you have any problem, please leave a comment below and we will help you.
Real-time shadows,lens effects,volumetric lightning and reflections!
Surfaces become wet and reflective when raining!
- Download and install Optifine HD
- Download and install Minecraft Forge (If you are using MC 1.7.2)
- Download and install GLSL Shaders Mod
- Download Chocapic13 Shaders Mod
- Drag and drop into your minecraft.jar the files for your minecraft version
- Drag and drop the content of the “tp” folder into your favorite texturepack and turn custom colors on optifine settings
- You are now able to use one of the “original” presets : go into the “shader” folder then into the “original” folder and choose a performance preset. Open the folder corresponding to the performance preset you choose, open this “shaders” folder and drag and drop all the .fsh and .vsh files into your minecraft.jar/shaders.
- To change shaders simply replace the content of the shaders folder for another shader preset.
Optifine settings :
- Mipmap level : 3 or max,except if you are using parralax occlusion set it to 1 or 2
- Rain : fast (fancy is too slow and don’t add something really noticeable)
- Fog : off
- Custom colors : on
- Chunk update : multi-core
- Advanced opengl : off (better on for parralax occlusion and 1.4.6/1.4.7)
- Lazy chunk update : off
- Updates per frame : 1
- Smooth fps : off
- Smooth world : off
- Cloud height : what you want (disable clouds shadow in shaders button options with 1.4.6/1.4.7)/ at least 60 (for 1.4.5)
- Anisotropic/antialiasing : off
- And enable fxaa for nvidia or mlaa for amd into your control panel for antialiasing!
- Nvidia Users : disable threaded optimisation into the nvidia control panel
About performance and sytem requirements :
This mod is very demanding and if you can’t run default minecraft correctly, don’t try to install this mod.
In my case with a GTX 670 i get around 50-60 fps with the extreme version, 75-80 with ultra,90-95 with high, 100-110 with medium and above 150 with low (cpu limited here) with a 16 chunks render distance. This can change a lot depending on the situation.
- Into the shaderpack folders there are .fsh and .vsh files. You can open them with any text editor, and there are different constant that you can change by yourself.
- You can increase the render resolution into the shaderpack settings. x1.42… correspond to SSAA x2, x2.0 to SSAA x4. However it kills the framerate.
- Shadow render resolution can be increased too here.
For Minecraft 1.5.2/1.5.1
For Minecraft 1.6.2
For All Minecraft Verions:
For Minecraft 1.12.2
Chocapic13’s Shaders Mod 1.17.1/1.16.5 Download Links:
Before you download. Please read!
- 7Minecraft does not host any files. So all mods and textures that are available here are using the download link of their respective authors.
- If you have any doubts comment below.
- If you are the owner of this mod and would like it to be removed from our site. Please contact us!
For Windows & Mac, 1.16 and old versions
Note: V7 Requires at least Optifine C9 for 1.12.2, but supports macs, Intel, Nvidia and AMD GPUs.
V7 Lite V7 Low
Note: Will work with the shader mod and any optifine version, but does not support Macs. V6 does not support Macs.
V6 Lite V6 Low V6 Medium V6 High V6 Ultra V6 Extreme
A Brief About Chocapic13’s Shaders
Chocapic13’s Shaders 1.17.1 was created in Feb 2014. The brain behind its development is Choca_13, a brilliant developer who has managed to create some meaningful projects in the past for the Minecraft community. It may interest you to know that ever since its release, players have had it downloaded and installed more than a 1.4million times. This is because it has been created to do one task that players have been complaining about – upgrading the game’s graphics most dramatically. So, in case you have never known what it means to improve the graphics of Minecraft, try to download and install this shader pack. It has the potentials to transform your world from nothing into something quite impressive.
One of the reasons why Chocapic13’s Shaders has been considered unique in lots of regards is that apart from being lightweight, it can still improve the world of players. Even the lowest level of customization while using this mod can bring about a decent quality. This means that even if your PC is low on specifications and graphic processor power, this mod can still make things happen. That is to say; it can still turn your world into something stunning. The best part is that its high end preset is between 80 and100fps. So in case you have been searching for a shader pack that tends to offer high-end visuals, this one ticks all the boxes in such regard.
When you want to talk about a shader pack that sets the standard and raised the bar, Chocapic13’s Shaders has succeeded in achieving such a feat. One of the reasons for its massive popularity amongst Minecraft players is how easy it can be to use for best results. Again, it can be said that Choca_13 has put in lots of efforts to make it successful amongst other shader packs.
Features and Additions
Image from www.curseforge.com
Chocapic13’s Shaders comes with lots of premium features and additions that will make your world real. For instance, the graphics have undergone lots of overhauls. This is evident in the way water, sunshine and leaves will appear in your world. Before talking about its features, it is essential to discuss the various levels that it brings. These are:
It should be noted that each of these levels is different in terms of required system specifications. That is to say; each step is going to require more GPU for optimum performance. So always have this at the back of your mind.
Talking about its features, you will notice the volumetric lighting reflections that it brings. The same can also be said of lens effects and shadows. Of course, when it is raining, surfaces are going to appear wet. The night scenes are also quite impressive.
Other features are:
- Wavy plants
- Field depth
- Shadows being characterized by penumbra size
- Dynamic time for the day cycle
- SSGI (Screen Space Global Illumination)\
- Custom nether
- Volumetric clouds
- sharpening filter (contrast-adaptive)
- And many more
Give all these features; you can quickly tell that Chocapic13’s is probably one of the complete shader packs that Minecraft has ever known.
Compatible with all of these Minecraft versions: 1.17.1 – 1.16.5 – 1.15.2 – 1.14.4 – 1.13.2 – 1.12.2 – 1.10.2 – 1.9.4 – 1.8.9 – 1.7.10 – 1.6.4 – 1.5.2
Please note that while Chocapic13’s V9 supports MACs, Chocapic13’s V9 doesn’t. Also, for version 1.12.2, or something newer, the minimum requirement is Optifine C9. Chocapic13’s V9 also supports AMD, NVidia, and Intel GPUs. V9 and V8 also require Optifine to run smoothly. V9 can run on all the Minecraft versions.
This shader pack was last updated in November 2020. This means it is not one of those mods that are short of regular updates. So there will not be any problem related to bug issues if you play on 1.17.1.